Friday, January 20, 2006

Well.......

"Superman" and I sat down today and let these words overcome and fill our minds and hearts....

"Jesus' blood never failed me yet
never failed me yet
Jesus' blood never failed me yet
this one thing i know
that He loves me so"

I told him to sit down by me and close his eyes and listen. We both sat there together listening to these words and both of us at the same moment began singing them together. It was for me a beautiful moment and the high point of the day. Before this song came on we were all "Superman", "T-Rex", and me dancing around the living room (one of our favorite things to do) to the Who we are instead cd by Jars of Clay. Everyday we have a praise and worship time where we do this to the music of various Christian artists. After the song was over we looked at eachother and smiled and I asked him

Me: What did that song make you think about?
Superman:It was sad
Me: Why?
Superman: Because of Jesus
Me: What do you mean?
Superman: He died on the cross for the forgiveness of our sins. That is sad.

I just wonder what all emotions and thoughts were running around in him little mind while we were listening to this song. We had a good conversation from there about the blood of Jesus covering our sins. He probably didn't quiet get all of what Momma said but one day he will put that puzzle piece with another in his head and the picture will become more clear over time for him. I love to see my son growing spiritually in his actions, thoughts, words, and knowledge. What a blessing!

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Sadly, Expresso's Pa is passing away. He is currently in Logansport La with his family. He is suppose to come home late tonight and then I think the plan right now is for all of us to get up early and go back. Death is such a sad thing, it shouldn't be really but our hearts and minds trick us into believing that it is. And there are times when it truly is sad, when the person is not saved then it is unbelievable sad. I have a few loved ones whom as far as I know were not saved before they passed. Pa though is not such a case, we are all pretty sure that he will be in paradise soon. This is something to rejoice over and I think we all will deep inside of ourselves, but saying "goodbye" is never easy. We are incapable of handling the emotions of loosing someone that is why it takes time to get over the death of a loved one.

No comments: