Sunday, January 15, 2006

Reflection:middle of day

Well, it is my "coffee meditation" time or that is what I have come to call it. A time where I heat up a cup of coffee from that morning and put in about 3-4 tbs of cream, 5-6 packets of equal (off brand), and a teaspoon of sugar for a sweet creamy cup of java. I usually sit down at this old computer and begin to check blogs, forums, and write on one of my to many blogs. We just walked in our door about an our ago from our morning worship service and some good fellowship with some friends afterwards. T-rex is down for his afternoon nap and Superman is watching his movie of the day, oh and Expresso is playing on his laptop. He is in a "I have a dream moment" meaning he and some friends have thought up something and are dreaming about how they would go about doing it.

There is a word that was said by the minister this morning and one I have heard quite often from the mouth of my own hubby it is agnostic. I never new what it meant until today. Latte tried to explain it to me on more than one occassion but I was never fully engaged in listening to him, sorry :). So I decided to look up its definition and I found this:

ag nos tic
noun


  • One who believes that it is impossible to know whether there is a God.

  • One who is skeptical about the existence of God but does not profess true atheism.

Unbelief, in distinction from disbelief, is a confession of ignorance where honest inquiry might easily find the truth. "Agnostic" is but the Greek for "ignoramus."
Tryon Edwards

An agnostic usually holds the question of the existence of God open, pending the arrival of more evidence. They are willing to change their belief if some solid evidence or logical proof is found in the future. However, some have taken the position that there is no logical way in which the existence or the non-existence of a deity can be proven.

For me I have not logical proof nor solid evidence to point to my creator God other than my faith and the bible which because fo my faith I believe is His words and infallable. The Lord is the one who is to open the eyes of the agnostic person. Their hearts are not hard and closed to the thought of God but they do need for a believer to reach out to them and help them search for their so called "solid evidence" they need to believe in Him. The Lord can change their definition of "solid evidence" or "logical proof" and with prayer the Lord can give them this evidence they need by allowing the Spirit to fall on them. This is my evidence.........my faith.


Hebrews 11:1-3

Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. For by it the people of old received their commendation. By faith we understand that the universe was created by the word of God, so that what is seen was not made out of things that are visible.


Rom 1:19-20

For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them. For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse.

My thoughts are not profound I know, maybe one day :0).

No comments: