Saturday, January 07, 2006

The past few days the Lord has turned the pages in my bible to Psalm 100. I have not looked for it, it has just been continually finding me.

Psalm 100

A psalm. For giving thanks.

1 Shout for joy to the LORD, all the earth.

2 Worship the LORD with gladness; come before him with joyful songs.

3 Know that the LORD is God. It is he who made us, and we are his; we are his people, the sheep of his pasture.

4 Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name.

5 For the LORD is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations.

And then we as a family have just started Fighter Verses together. It is awesome and the first verse for memorization is Deuteronomy 7:9 Know therefore that the LORD your God is God; he is the faithful God, keeping his covenant of love to a thousand generations of those who love him and keep his commands.

This morning as I was dwelling on Psalm 100 I noticed something that they both had in common. Know therefore that the Lord your God is God. Both of these passages that I have not looked for in any way but have been coincidentally presented to me instead have this same message in them. Interesting.

I don't know if God speaks to you in this way but I am certain that He does with me. I often miss his subtle whispers to me. I pray that if He does speak to you this way listen to what He is whispering to you. Don't just say oh cool and then move on, dwell deeply on the message, the similiarities, the words that jump out at you and soak in His wisdom for you. He definetly spoke directly to my heart with these two places in his infallable word. He never ceases to amaze me with His overflowing love and glory!

*Praise the Lord for He is God, a faithful God*

No comments: