Friday, January 27, 2006

Living in Peace

Time management is of great importance to an orderly and godly home. I am learning the art of it through my Home Management Binder that was inspired by Candy the Genuine Profit. Setting up a Master Schedule for each day has really had a great effect on me and my family. I have been convicted to really discipline myself to manage my time in order to glorify the Lord more abundantly. Whether you eat or drink do all things to the glory of God 1 Corinthians 10:31. Selfish use of my time is not only dishonoring God but also a waste of time. Deu 10:12 ....what does the LORD your God require of you, but to fear the LORD your God, to walk in all his ways, to love him, to serve the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul.....and in order to do that we must see that our time is used to serve first and formostly the Lord. Anything not done ultimately for God is a sure waste of time. In everything we do here on earth we should in it give a glimpse of Him by revealing a piece of His glory.

The other day I came upon James 3:16 and wow did it bring with it a shadow of revelation. It spoke truth into what my daily life has been for the past 4 years.

Jam 3:16 For where jealousy and selfish ambition exist, there will be disorder and every vile practice.

It is the truth my home when I was selfishly seeking to gratify my own desires such ast reading, writing, computer surfing, or even cleaning if done selfishly my home was one of disorder. I was and am sometimes even now jealous with my time and not wanting to share a minute with anyone or doing anything that I do not neccessarily want to do but need to do. This has caused the majority of my days to be lived in disorder.

I do not believe that as a keeper of the home I am able to live in disorder. Disorder is contradictory to who God is and I am to glorify Him in and with my home and life then it can not be chaotic and of no order. 1Co 14:33 For God is not a God of confusion but of peace. Peace and disorder can not live together. They repell one another so in our homes by the use of our time do we have peace or disorder? Which do we desire to have? Of course we desire to have a home of peace, to make our homes a haven for our families.

Pro 31:27 She looks well to the ways of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness.

So let us look well to the ways of our households like the woman of Proverbs 31 who by the way is our perfect example of a virtuous woman in God's eyes.

No comments: