Tuesday, January 17, 2006

blogs, books, submission

I have found that my thoughts and my time concerning my place here has consumed all of my free time and there is need for some time management. I have a stack of books that I desire to read and find that all of my free time is being spent here. I enjoy writing but I also enjoy reading and I know that as a homeschooling mother of two and that number will grow my time for reading is going to become less and less over the years. So I am going to manage my time by alternating weeks of blogging and reading. Hopefully I will beable to fully commit myself to this schedule.

Right now my stack consists of:

Teaching the Trivium by Harvey and Lauri Bluedorn
Repairing the Ruins edited by Douglas Wilson
Excused Absence by Douglas Wislson
The Duties of Parents by Jacobus Koelman
Standing on the Promises by Douglas Wilson
Christian Love by Hugh Binning
Beautiful in God's Eyes by Elizabeth George
Defending the Faith by R.C. Sproul
To Live is Christ by Beth Moore

and this list is constantly growing. What is your stack look like?

This morning I reflected on being a submissive woman. To embrace the will of God like the mother of Jesus. Have you ever thought about how her life drastically changed. She submitted to the will of God for her life. I desire to embrace God's will for my life even if it is completely the opposite of what I had planned for it. His plans for me are an infinite more glorious than my own self absorbed plans.

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Romans 12:2 Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

No comments: