Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Homeschooling: capability

Got a knock on the door today and to my surprise my Saxon Math K was sitting on the balcony outside of the door. Next week I am going to start "Superman" in this math curriculum. He is very excited about starting it also, only because he saw the tub full of colorfull math manipulatives. I really think he is going to enjoy it though.

Being a mother/teacher is turning out to be a lot of fun. It was all very overwhelming in the beginning for me and "Superman". With much prayer, encouragement, time management, and counting to 100 it is a journey that is going to be well worth the wild ride. As a mother I realize that there are a lot of mothers who do not think that they are capable of being their children's teacher as well. We all know the verse of encouragement here.........I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me Phil. 4:13. This verse along with a lot of others has carried me to finding joy not only just enduring strength for my homeschooling journey.

Proverbs 31:10 Who can find a virtuous woman?

The Old Testament word virtuous refers to force and is used to mean able, capable, mighty, strong, valiant, powerful, efficient, wealthy, and worthy. We are all women and contain some level of the virtuous woman as described in Proverbs 31. We are powerful and capable in every area of our lives even when it comes to the task of being our children's teacher. If you have thought about homeschooling I encourage you to research it and pray deeply for God to reveal to you His will.

In His love,
Kelli

No comments: