Sunday, October 23, 2005

Taking Care of His Temple

1 Corinthians 6:19-20
Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body.

1 Corinthians 10:31

......so whether you eat or drink do it all to the glory of God.

Candy, The Genuine Profit has started a Weight Loss Challenge for anyone who wants to join. I decided it would be a good thing and joined it and I don't need to loose weight but I do need to take better care of myself. This body that I live in is a dwelling place for my Lord. Just as I take care of my house for my family so should I for Him. Every area in life is to be done to the glory of God, even eating and excercising. You can drink a glass of orange juice to the glory of God or you can do the opposite. This is my goal in this challenge, to take care of the Holy Spirit's temple by eating, drinking, and excercising to the Glory of God.

My plan is to drink the amount of water I need to each day. Drink only 2 cups of coffee and minimize cream and sugar. Eat a good and balanced 3 meals a day with 1 snack. I also hope to eat more fruits and vegetables.

Want to join? Jump on the wagon.................


Children....

Been reading a lot lately on how to train up my little ones in righteousness. It has been a convicting road but awesome just what I was looking for. I hope to post some of what has been revealed to me in my next post.

Well, it's been a joy but it is time for me to check my Prairie Homemaker Forum and then dive into the Word for some spiritual nurishment. Be blessed today and filled with joy.

No comments: