Monday, October 03, 2005

Quote: Anger

When you resort to shouting in conflict, you are reacting in the flesh. You have lost control of the only person you can control: yourself.
~Neil T. Anderson

Sometimes it is easier to hide behind self rejection and loathing rather than deal with specific areas of sin that the Lord points out to us. But what is easier often becomes a snare, never allowing us to truly take personal responsibility for our actions. For example, it can be easier to say, "I am a horrible person and utterly hopeless, so why even try?" than to say. "I repent of my selfish anger and with God's grace, choose to work with Him so I no longer live in this anger any longer"
~ K Walden


ANGER. It tries so often to consume me. I despise it yet I jump into it with my own willingness. The hard thing for me to do is to realize that I can have control over it.

Psalm 37:8 Refrain from anger and turn from wrath; do not fret-it leads only to evil.

James 1:19-20 My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires.

I need to be real for a moment:

This morning when I woke up life seemed hard, to hard. Overwhelmingly hard and it quickly turned into anger towards God. Now I love God with all of my heart but lately I have felt that He has just put so much on my plate that I don't think I can handle. I feel I must be real right now in order to break open my heart and let my God release these feelings that have built up in me. I have no right to be angry with my God, none. I have lost control of myself and my thinking. I can not be angry with Him for I NEED Him. The one whom I should be angry with is myself.

I think my heart was just broke and I just came to the realization that I am not angry at God my feelings were misplaced. It is myself I am angry at. My attitude to be exact, which has been not a desirable one.

Ephesians 4:22-23 You were taught.....to be made new in the attitude of your minds; and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.





~Be filled~

No comments: