Monday, October 17, 2005

Brick Walls




Have you ever ran into a brick wall verse in the bible. I have, almost everytime I read it. This is just something that I thought about yesterday while I was reading in Romans. There seem to be a few different methods used when we get to these brick wall verses. One of them and I think the most common is to jump over the wall and keep running along as if it were an obstacle in the way, without even glancing back. Another method is to take a sledge hammer and break that wall down until it is no longer standing as an obstacle in your way. The last one is breaking the wall down but re-building it replacing the blocks in different ways. And then running into a lot more brick walls along the way.

It is important I think to take each wall apart until it is no longer an obstacle to us. Take each brick that makes up the wall and piece by peice take it down. It is hard to do sometimes but if we are seeking truth then it is something that is needed to be done. My encouragement is for us to not only study the words of God but STUDY the words of God to a point of exhaustion. Some of the brik walls we are going to run into are going to be high and wide, strong and hard, we are going to need to be equiped with the write tools to take them apart. The main tool to be used is prayer. The sledge hammer of prayer. I have a read a single verse or chapter a million times with out praying and then when I pray the whole verse looks completely different to me. Before I prayed I was using my own knowledge, which has little to no power when it comes to understanding the words of God, I need to Pray for Him to give me more knowledge to understand His words.


This morning I am fighting off loneliness. My husband is about to leave for his 2 days in Austin for his classes. I do not like being here without him, it is depressing. But it is okay I will make it through it hopefully with joy. I like to look at this time as an opportunity to devote my time to my children. Life is calling..............I better go.

Joy and Peace in the Lord

No comments: