Tuesday, October 04, 2005

My Typical Day
Now first let me start out by saying that this could be a little cheesy and is not exactly what a typical day looks like for my husband was not home and I was forced to walk around with my camera taking pics of myself and the kiddos. I have to say it felt a little weird. Just remeber that I was taking all of the pictures with my phone camera. It was fun though and it kept me on my toes. I of course do not follow this exact routine daily but it is usually close to it.
Most days I try to get up at 5:00, which rarely in actuallity happens, today it was 7:00, cringe. Get out of bed and first things first.....I grab a mug and get a cup of Java and head over to the computer for a little one on one time with my friends over at PH and other fabulous blogs:
Then I usually force myself to get off the computer and head over to the dinning table to have a little time to submerged myself in the word of God over a cup of coffee.
By then my little angels are getting up and ready for some breakfast, so we come together at the table for our Breakfast Devo in Proverbs:
After breakfast Eli my 4 year old does his chores:
After clean up we head over to their bathroom to brush teeth:
It is about 9:30 now time for class or what we call "Kula" which is Hawaiian for class:
Class with Eli right now is Bible and Math while Kai colors on the other end:
Before, during, and after I am doing laundry and straighting up:
After Kula we have a story time and a play time, I don't have pics of these.
So we will go to lunch. At 11:30 we begin making lunch Eli usually helps me, today Kai was able to also. It is peanut butter and honey:
Just a fun pic in the midst of making lunch:
We all eat and then I have to clean up the kitchen and I do this at least 4 times a day:
A before look my sink:
andan after look.......ta da:
After lunch we have a playtime and a pray and praise time. It is always fun. For our praise time we turn on some up beat worship music today was Shane and Shane and dance around the house singing at the top of our lungs! At 1:00 Kai goes down for his nap and Eli gets a movie time. In this time I get some computer, study, and clean time:
My Study time right now is in Breaking Free by Beth Moore and of course with the bible :
and Cleaning time, today bathrooms:
After movie time Eli came back to the table for some more Kula this time in our Teaching your child to read in a 100 easy lessons. Now usually we do this around 11:00 but we got off track today:
Usually at this time which is 3:00 I cook dinner while Eli plays with Kai. Then Daddy is normally home and they play together and we all do something. We eat dinner at 5:30 clean up and then give the boys a bath on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays (with obvious exceptions). But today Rick is not here he is at school and so some friends came over and played after dinner. After they left Eli and Kai got their baths:
And then we read a story, said our prayers, and went to bed:
Well, that is our Typical Blessed Day! We had fun hope you enjoyed seeing our day!!!! The rest of the time until 10:30 is mine!!! and of course Ricks.
Each day has it's struggles and it's joys. The pictures give a falseness to our typical day because you can't hear the screaming, whining, crying, jumping, frustrated mama, laughing, happy shrills, silly mama, and all the other noises that give realization to our typical day! But all the same they are truly and wonderfully blessed!! and I absolutely love my calling....of being a Stay at Home Mom and Housewife! There is no other more rewarding and fullfilling calling in my opinion.
Rejoice in the Lord Today and be Glad.

6 comments:

Mrs. Happy Housewife said...

Looks like ya'll had a fun day. Nice pics.

Anonymous said...

I love it.....I have never visited you site before, I enjoyed it. I looked at your reading, I love Beth Moore, more ladies should read her. I look forward to visiting your site regularly.
Have a great day!!!!

Anonymous said...

That was awesome! Thanks for sharing. I see you have fun being a momma. Isn't it great?! :-)

Anonymous said...

I have a question. It might make me sound a bit silly for not knowing this, but what program or effect did you use to give your pictures that "comic book" appearance? Out of all of the effects that I have seen, the one that you used is my favorite. Also, you have a beautiful family.

JavaMama said...

I used a cartoon effect. My phone which I took all these pictures with allows me to use different effects and the one I liked the best was the cartoon effect. Thanks for commenting and have a blessed day.

Kayla said...

Hey sweetie! LOVED this entry. You look beautiful. Would love to see a "real" (as in untouched by special effects) pic of you! As always the kiddlins are beautiful, even if they do look a bit like Tom and Jerry today! LOL..... Look forward to checking back in soon! Luv ya and God Bless!