Friday, September 02, 2005

Those who know your name will trust in you, for you, LORD, have never forsaken those who seek you.~Psalm 9:10

My heart and soul take great comfort in this verse today. I just sat down for a moment to have a minute to myself after cleaning the house and fighting the battles in my mind. And I prayed that God would pour His peace and comfort on me. Although in all of His word there is always peace and comfort to be found, today David reached in me and grabbed my discontent and dispair and replaced it with His peace and comfort. The 3 weeks that we have been in Dallas have been high stressed, high moodiness, high loniless, uncertaintiy, distress, anxiety (much), feelings of being lost, sad, wretched and full of high hopes. I myself have been overtaken with a lot of distrust in many different areas of my life. I am ashamed to say it but it is the truth. It is a hard thing to try to change. When we so desperately desire to change and become a woman or man of stronger character in Christ it seems almost immpossible. And it is if we trust only in ourselves to make the change. We desire to do good and to strive for the things that are of God but we live in a fleshly carnal body that will not with out God our Perfecters help. And in that we must ask for him to come in and dwell in us. O, to dwell in me........."Yes" my spirit cries out......"Yes" that is what I so long for, for You O Lord God Almighty to allow Your Holy Spirit to come and make His home in my heart. Come in and cleanse me of any impurities that are lurking around in me. I dispise them and want to surrender today all of my worries to your Majesty.

Oh Lord how thankful I am for your ever radient unfading love that you have for me. You lavish me with Your grace and give me what I don't deserve. God I do not deserve Your peace, comfort and grace but yet You give it to me anyway because you are high holy and awesome beyond the measures of my small mind. You are faithful when I am miserably not and You will not forsake me............my heart is overjoyed with tears of Your faithfulness and love for me........me a sinner.

To all who are reading my ever boring thoughts today.....May God bless you abundantly with all of His goodness and may you be filled to the top of your soul with the Joy that is found only in His son Jesus Christ.

Joyfully Yours,
Kelli

No comments: