Sunday, September 18, 2005

My mind is cluttered with thoughts tonight. Where to begin, where to begin. This last week has been crazy hectic with traveling. Monday morning we got up and went to Austin and then came back on Wednesday and then got up and left Thursday morning to go to Logansport to visit family and returned home last night at 11:30 and now we are going to leave again tomarrow to go to Austin again. What can we say............we just love to sit in a car for at least 3 good hours. I have to say though that the trips are not all that bad. The little ones do well. We splurged and bought a dvd player for the car so that could possibly be the reason.
Life is good and God is Awesome. I loved the lessons from this morning to this evening. Andy did a great job on forgiveness. I enjoyed it and learned something from it................to forgive. I think it is easy for us sometimes to not even realize that we need to forgive someone. We just find ourselves one day angry and bitter and can't figure out why. I know that for me I have a few people that I could forgive. They are no longer in my life but I need to find it in me to figure out how to settle a peace towards them even though they are not here. The thought of Jesus on the cross forgiving his persecutors always leaves me in awe. Thes men certainly did not deserve to be forgiven, not in the least. Then I think well.......what about me? Do I deserve for Him to forgive me every day, no every minute of the day? No I do not either, but He so graceously does and I like His persecutors sin against him in the next minute. Unlike them I don't want to but I do and He lavishes me in His
grace. O, how thankful my soul is to Him. I have to think that when someone causes me much pain I have an obligation to forgive them, to look at my own sin and remember that I fall short also. Am I perfect? do I not also ,whether I mean to or not, cause others pain and suffering? How can I not forgive them when I know that I myself will need to be forgiven. O how easy it is to hold on to our bitterness and angry but O how weak we are if we do. Letting it go takes great strength but the reward is sweet.......glorious peace and sharing Jesus.

Just a little thought: Society has painted an illusion of this. Where we are weak if we let go and strong if we hold on. Be cautious and don't allow the evil one to poisen your mind with distortions of the truth.


The Fly

The Lord in his wisdom made the fly,
And then forgot to tell us why.

Ogden Nash

Thought I would throw that in there. Be blessed and leave me a comment please just to let me know you were here.

No comments: