Sunday, September 11, 2005

I can't believe it has been 4 years since the World Trade Center attacks. It just does not seem like that long ago. My heart goes out to all of those who lost loved ones in that terrible day. Rick and I traveled to New York almost exactly a year ago and while we were there we went to ground zero and the site was just overwhelmingly destitute and depressing. The air was thick with mourning and sorrow and it was sad to imagine the enormous buildings that once stood so tall and proud were now non existent. When we looked around at the other buildings they were all pretty much destroyed also. Most of them were being worked on. It was just extremely sad. I remember getting up that morning, I had Eli who was almost 1 on my hip and I turned on Regis and Kelly the talk show that I watched every morning and was surprisingly shocked and stunned to see every channel with breaking news about a plane crashing into the world trade center? My mind could not comprehend at all what they were saying, it was like a very blurry dream. Finaly realization hit me and I realized what was going on and I was floored with unbelief. It was all just to unamaginable. I remember Rick coming home from school right after he had left saying he had heard it on the radio. This is a date in time that I will never forget. 9/11.

On a lighter note I have to say this..........."I love Meadow View Church of Christ!". Okay, I am just filled with joy right now with this place. Well not really the "place" but the people and the love for Christ in them. I have been so encouraged lately in our morning Sunday classes and I thouroughly enjoy the preacher's lessons on Sunday mornings and evenings. I am excited about the realness that I have seen so far in these people. I am really excited about the small group meetings we will have every Thursday night. Exstatic! I can't wait to grow closer in our friendships in Christ. I pray that this group will be a circle that revolves around Christ as our foundation. The rock that will hold us together and continually challenge us to grow. May we yeild to Him in every area of our lives. I truly pray that when we leave here we will look back and see the power of God working in our lives and praise Him for reviving us and making us stronger.

What a lovely day it was today. God has really been blessing my family lately. Not with possessions really but with an abundance of joy and peace. I feel like He has filled us up and given us the strength to fight the things that have been thrown at us lately. We were failing every one of them and now miraculously we are just breezing right through them with a totally different attittude. I was struggling deeply with feelings of wretchedness and failure because I was not yeilding myself to God and I was not being the woman that He calls me to be. Constantly I prayed and made promises that I would change and constantly I fell. When finally one day I don't know what happened I know I stopped trying to fix it myself and started to rely on God, I just pretty much just stopped. I could feel peace, joy and the Spirit moving in me. Causing me to choose right to win against my flesh and yeild to the commandmants of God.

Anyway, I am rambling. I have so much I want to say though. Well, I hope you are having a blessed day or had a blessed day in the Lord. I don't know who reads my silly ramblings but I ask you to please leave a comment just to let me know something if anything just How your day was! We are going to Austin tomarrow so I best get up off this thing and go get ready!

Joyfully, kelli.

No comments: