Thursday, September 08, 2005






Rest in the Shade


Today was a nice day. I took refuge in the shade of the Lord today, and found an abundance of peace there. Shade is such a simple word with yet so much to offer us, that is if you know God. At first glance you might look right over the word shade and miss so much beauty in it that the Lord has to reveal to you about His simple creation. The other day I was sitting outside on our shaded balcony with my bible a notebook and my little Eli by myside and I wrote down some things about this simple yet captivating word. That is what it did to me, it captivated me for a moment in time. Shade for me was a door or rather a window that opened to a refreshing, sweet and peaceful refuge. God revealed to me what he has for me if I will come into His shade and what He does for me when He covers me with His wings. On a hot day we more often then not want to find shade to relinquish to, to escape the beating of the sun's hot rays. When we are in the sun for a long period of time we become faint and weak and we look for trees and buildings because they provide us a place to be refreshed from the heat; shade. We can only take so much before we need to find some shade to rest in and be refreshed. As the shade fro a tree protects us from the oppressive heat from the sun the Lord is our protective "shade" from this oppressive world.

~Psalm 121:5-6 The Lord watches over you the Lord is your shade at your right hand; the sun will not harm you by day nor the moon by night.

Some days are hotter than others for me by the end of each day and definetly by the end of each week I am desperately running to be in His Merciful shadow. Into His protection to find the rest and peace that I need to revive my mind and soul for another day out in the scorching heat of the sun or world. Today I dwelt in the shadow of His protective wing of love. I pray that everyday I will remember that He is there with His wings spread out to cover me and block the oppressive and painful rays this life hits me with.

Katrina Refuges:

May the refugees from the heat of Katrina find their shade in the Lord God Almighty. May their aching hearts find peace and may they also be refreshed for the days to come.

Isaiah 25:4
You have been a refuge for the poor, a refuge for the needy in his distress, a shelter from the storm and a shade from the heat.

O Lord may they find their physical shelter but Lord above that may they find you for their souls refuge.

Be blessed

1 comment:

Rick Harper said...

awesome post!