Sunday, December 31, 2006

2007 New Years Resolution

For the last week I have had a rather extensive list made out in my head as to what I was determined to change in the next year or do better but this morning during worship it was summed up in two simple but complex words: to die.

In the year of 2007 my deepest desire that will shape all areas of my life is to know nothing except Jesus Christ and Him crucified. (1 Cor. 2:2) I realized this morning that I am to much alive. In this new year I am going to die every day and view each day through the lens of the cross. I am going to take up my cross everyday and live life zealfully for His glory.


But whatever gain I had, I counted as loss for the sake of Christ. Indeed, I count everything as loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have suffered the loss of all things and count them as rubbish, in order that I may gain Christ and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which comes through faith in Christ, the righteousness from God that depends on faith--that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, that by any means possible I may attain the resurrection from the dead.
Phillipians 3:7-11

JOYfully in Him,
Kelli

No comments: