Thursday, December 28, 2006

Reading His Word

With much thought about how I have been neglecting my meditation on the word of God I have devised a plan to get into it more consistently. I found what I think will be the best reading plan for myself and plan on begining on January first. I have also planned out some prayer books to read to help move me along in that area as well. Here is the bible reading plan that I have chosen:

52 Week Bible Reading Plan : There is a reading each week that is centered on Epistles, Law, History, Psalms, Poetry, Prophecy and the Gospels. This plan intrigued me.

I have tried other plans and I always fail to follow through. I pray that I will persevere in my attempts to get in His word on a daily basis and that God will reveal more of himself to me through my study.

For my prayer studies I am reading Praying God's Will for Your Life by Stormie Omartian (the workbook) and am planning on listening to a Puritan Prayer from Valley of Vision daily. I also would like to memorize some of the prayers that are in the bible as well.

JOYfully in Him,
Kelli

1 comment:

Robin said...

Thanks for the link to the reading plan. I too have tried different plans and the One Year Bible and always get discouraged when I get to a "hard" part of the Bible. I like the way this breaks it up.