Saturday, December 30, 2006

It is coming

The new year that is fastly approaching and for me it is an opportunity to have a new begining. It feels as though I can start with a clean slate for the coming year of 2007, a new year with my boys, a new year with my husband and a new year with the Lord. Tomorrow is New Years Eve in which a day where I will leave all of my past failures behind giving them all completely to Him and will make my first "new years resolution" to do this often not holding on to them and allowing them to bog me down hindering my walk. Life is such a blessing and as it has been pointed out to me very often lately I need to learn to enjoy it more and my family and my heart desires to enjoy my Creator more as well. We are given one chance here on this earth as sojourners to not only live and enjoy this life but in it to praise Him. We will not get another chance to worship Him in the world where we are called to be His lights, to show all those around us who do not believe and are lost in the darkness the true light by how we praise and worship Him in our daily lives. Our hearts and minds need to be constantly reminded of how we once were lost and how we were found, that while we were still sinners Christ died for us, that we like Paul are wretched and undeserving but by His love have been lavished in His grace.

I am excited about this new start. All of my reading will begin tomorrow but my heart has already begun. If anyone would like to join me in my bible reading plan, book readings or memorization I would be delighted. Just let me know and we will set up a plan together!! I encourage you to embark on a journey this new year of getting to know Him better through reading His word, prayers, memorization and encouragement.

JOYfully in Him,
Kelli

No comments: