Saturday, December 30, 2006

Week 1 ~ Knowing God

Here are my plans for this coming week begining on Sunday and going through Saturday.

Morning (daily):

  • Personal Prayer
  • Bible Reading
  • Valley of Vision Prayer

Afternoons:

  • Praying God's Will for Your Life (M,W,F)
  • Screwtape Letters (T,Th)

Evenings (daily):

  • Sacred Parenting
  • Psalm 1 memorization
  • Prayer: for lost and suffering
At some time during Mondays and Friday probably during dinner preperation I will listen to a sermon. I am going to rely on God to lead me in deciding which ones to listen to and by whom but will post them at that time.

I am also contemplating on reading on the side maybe a weekend reader Storie Omartian's other book The Power of a Praying Wife but will probably just wait until I finish Praying God's Will for Your Life.

JOYfully in Him,
Kelli

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kelli,
You seem on fire so I'm a little reluctant to say this but you've got to slow down just a little. A fire burning fast burns out, a slow steady fire burns longer.

Screwtape Letters is a little difficult if you haven't already looked at it. I see your list and I'm thinking that you're demanding too much of yourself.

How about work on memorizing Psalm 1, daily prayer and one book? I don't know, maybe you need all these things going on right now but I just see burnout in the future- I did it too.

Oh and I found you through my sitemeter, and I'm glad I did. : )

Have a blessed day,
Jessica

JavaMama said...

Thanks Jessica! If it does get to be to much I am planning on dropping The Screwtape Letters. I have read the first few chapters of it and started reading it again a few weeks ago so I wanted to keep it and in Praying God's Will for Your Life Omartian mentioned it. SL have been on my list to read for over a year now.

JOYfully in Him,
Kelli