Saturday, December 24, 2005

What does it mean to celebrate Christmas? I wanted to know for myself what it means to celebrate Jesus birth. I decided to look up celebrate and here is what I found to be the meaning of celebrating Jesus birth:


To celebrate means to observe, to praise and to make known or to display. So I found it interesting what it means to celebrate Jesus birth means:


*) To observe........By celebrating His birth I am observing Christ birth a significant part of His life and reflecting deeply on God's power and love for me.
*) To praise........By celebrating His birth I am praising the Lord for sending His only begotton Son for saving me from my wretched sin, Praise and Glory be to God.

*) To make known; to display............By celebrating Christ birth I am making Him known to the world. I am displaying the miraculous power and glory of God.



Let us all reflect deeply on what it means to celebrate the birth of the Savior today and tomarrow and everyday. This is, for me, the true meaning and how we should and are called to celebrate Christ in every part of His holy and perfect reign on this earth starting at the night of His birth which we celebrate as December 25.



Merry Christmas



~*Soli Deo Gloria -- Glory be to God*~

1 comment:

Robin said...

Thanks for this nice entry. It's a great reminder.

Merry Christmas! Happy Birthday Jesus!