Thursday, December 15, 2005

Not a review or is it?

I wrote this right after watching the movie. If you haven't seen it you must, it is astoundingly good.

I am not even going to attempt to write a review on the movie Narnia, I am only going to express my personal thoughts on the feelings I am overwhelmed with as I sit here. I was humbled tonight as I sat in a dark room and was taken back to the sacrafice of Christ. I have yet the words to describe the way I feel about this movie, Narnia, that we went to watch. It is not so much the movie in and of itself that has caused this but the substance of it. I have not read a review of The Chronicles of Narnia that has done it justice, in my eyes. The depiction of Christ was absolutley amazing and moving to say the least. I sat there tonight with my husband and my 5 year old flower #1 in awe and deep reverence of God. I encourage you if you havent seen this movie yet, go see it, reflect on the story and on Aslan deeply, apply it personally, and lay down before the Lord with immense gratitude for what He has done for You, your children, your husband, your mother and father, and friends.



I was saddened as I thought of how many people sat right there with me in that dark room and watched just an entertaining story of a make believe place with fun made up characters and went home with no reflection or reverence to anything except sleep. There was a place in the movie where I wanted to run to the front of this huge theatre and scream to everyone in there "Do you realize who Aslan represents and what He is doing for Edmund He has done for You!" but of course I contained myself and continued watching Aslan being mocked, shaved, and completey humiliated with tears in my eyes.



Praise God tonight for His mighty love for us. For what He has done for us. Reflect on your life and see God's hand in it and be soaked with gratitude. Pray that you might lay down your life for Him and hand over anything that you have been held captive to your anger, your attitude, your plans and anything that is keeping you from seeing His glory and from bringing Him glory.

No comments: