Saturday, December 10, 2005

A Polar Bear reminder

I am sitting here staring at a stuffed polar bear that is standing against my computer desk door. Which reminds me of the visiters we were blessed with Thursday night. The Toombs family so kindly took the time while they were here in Texas to visit little us. We were honored and excited to sit and talk with them for a few hours. We drank coffee talked and laughed. The children played quite well with eachother, all except Kenedy who was lost in her book, which I am glad for. I loved seeing her over there reading while Shannon and I talked. The bear that is standing here is Jadara's that is why I am reminded of their visit. I thouroughly enjoyed chatting with Shannon about life, family, homeschooling, parenting, books, and struggles (my own really). After they left Rick and I sighed a big sigh of refreshment not relief we were sad to see them go but it was late and the kids were tired. We felt as if we had been recharged by their visit. I am so thankful that we were able to see them even if it was only for a few hours, maybe we will be blessed by their presence again next year!!

No comments: