Thursday, January 04, 2007

Friday's Reading

This morning I read Job 1-2 and gleaned much wisdom from his example. I have read those two chapters many times before but his morning they shined with many things that I missed before. He was deeply concerned with the glory of God and the spiritual state of his children and when his entire world came burning to the ground he remained just as faithful to God in his humble and revered response. I can only pray that I would have the same reaction in a time of great trial. I have to say though that it is always hard to swallow the passages where God points Job out to satan not only once but twice.

I am anxiously awaiting tomorrows reading in Isaiah 1-6. I have read some of this book before in the past and I just remember God revealing so much of himself to me through it that I can not wait to dive in tomorrow morning and swim in it all through out the day. I wanted to share a commentary that I really enjoy and that I will be using for Isaiah, David Guzik. For me he is able to help me understand some of the text better and show me through others quotes a deeper meaning to the wonderful truths of God.

Have a great day........and I hope that today you will take great delight in the law of the Lord, enjoy them and ponder them in your heart all day long.

JOYfully in Him,
Kelli

No comments: