Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Here comes another day to make breakfast, clean the house, do homeschool with Superman, make lunch, play with T-Rex, make dinner, make the bed, do the laundry, and I am delighted and anxious to get started. Each day, I am learning, is a wonderful gift from God and so many of the days he has given me I have taken for granted and I have opened the day with a selfish and ungrateful attitude only thinking about the "things" that need to get done rather than the "people" I am blessing and finding the joy in that. Each and everything that we women do in our households no matther how mundane, repetative, or difficult they may be is a direct blessing on our families and a beautiful way of glorifying the Lord. That should take the - out of those and replace it with a big + and if today, you have an attitude of ungratefulness and selfishness stop right now and choose to change your attitude, choose to stop listening to your flesh, your selfishness, the world, and find the joy that you can have in this day of many (joyfilled) duties. Choose today whom you will serve?

My men are all still asleep in their beds this morning as I reflect on the past and plan the future of today. I love to be up early in the morning before any of them are awake. I hear one stirring right now, that needs to go back to sleep :0). Today I am so excited. Yesterday I went to a homeschool book sale and found some great deals on some much needed History curriculum. It was just what I was looking for. Next year Superman will be in the 1st grade and I am trying to get ready for it.

JOYfully in Him,
Kelli

No comments: