Wednesday, May 10, 2006

The JOYs of being a Mother are numerous and so often completely overlooked and even shunned! Shame on us!! Here is a list of my JOYs of being a Mother:

  1. Disciplining and training them in His righteousness! What an awesome JOY.......oh how I pray that one day my children will arise and call me blessed..........and that I may have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth. (proverbs 31:28 ,3john1:4)
  2. Washing mudstained and red juice stained clothes. What an easy one to miss! Who enJOYs doing the laundry and scrubbing out stains but when we reflect on the little hands or mouth that made the mess on that shirt or pants...........what JOY we can have in scrubbing!
  3. Pleading voices.........."Momma! Momma!", "Can I have more juice Momma?", "When are we going to be there Momma" or for the 5th time before your second cup of coffee "He won't move out of my way Momma!" How can we miss this JOY of being a mother! We are their sustainers and they love us so much that they come to us for everything!! He he.......where is that daddy btw?
  4. Picking up Toys for the 24th time today! Look at those dinosaurs, cars, swords, barbies, pretend clothes, colors, books and whatever else is lying down there...............these are apart of your blessings. They love those things, they bring them JOY so remember the JOY they get from them each time they play with them................and teach them to pick them up to! Pick up Toys together!!
  5. Grocery shopping together! I love it! I would rather go with them than with out them. They make it so much more interesting and fun. With out them it is just grocery shopping but with them it is an adventure of Supermom! I love to watch my 5 year old run, climb, and hide up and down the isles and I love for him to help me and make suggestions! I love the JOY of having them with me.

Well, those are just some of the ones I came up with, but I am getting tired. I must go to sleep if I am to get up at my designated time in the morning!

Kelli

3 comments:

Mister Jason said...

You write, "Picking up Toys for the 24th time today! Look at those dinosaurs, cars, swords, barbies, pretend clothes, colors, books and whatever else is lying down there"

So Rick finally broke down and bought the boys some Barbie dolls, eh? I told him that would be a bad idea, but he insisted that he teach the kids about the myth of gender construction through social behavior and role playing. Mmmmphh. Oh well, I'm just glad that he bought my boy the Darth Vader Mr. Potato Head instead of the Bratz dolls. :))

JavaMama said...

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha, I didn't realize how that looked!!! I was trying to make it relational for those who have girls so I decided to throw in the barbies on the floor..............whoops!

Rick Harper said...

HAHAHAHA! I trust Phil Donahue, you don't? He told me to tell my boys it was ok to be a grandma one day. haha!

Is there something I should know about when I leave the house, Kelli? Barbies? Burn 'em!

haha!

Love you Kelli!

That was funny Jason. It does sound bad.

Rick