Wednesday, May 31, 2006

This morning I read the first two chapters in Numbers and was surprised to learn that through the inventory of the armies of Israel I learned that God is an organized and orderly God. I knew this already by 1Co 14:33 where it says; For God is not a God of confusion but of peace. Coincidently I am on a journey right now of become organized in all areas of my life. Included in this organization is not only my house but also my mind, my heart, my prayer life, my meditation on God's word, my disciplining and training my boys in His righteousness, my thoughts, my priorities, my reading, my curriculum for Superman's homeschoolingl, and for a plethera of other areas. But this morning as I not only "read" my bible but meditated on his words in the attempts to get to know God deeper I discovered that He is organized in all of his ways. Even in the paths of our lives. Nothing is accomplished in God’s kingdom without order and organization. While it may seem so to us, it is only an illusion - behind the scenes, God is moving with utmost order and organization, though we cannot see it.* I love the realization of this; that God even though our lives look and sometimes feel chaotic and like they are being blown around with the wind are infact organized in the light of Gods sovereignity. I don't know about everyone but for me that gives me a lot of peace and comfort. Right now our lives appear to be floating in the wind and we are just waiting for a big gust of wind to come our way and blow us in some direction, preferrable the one we want to go. Praise God that this is not the case and that we are able to have peace even when life seems to be blowing in the wind. We must always accept God’s order and organization, even when we don’t understand it.* We don't always have to understand to accept, put your life (in your frame of mind;for it is) in the hands of God and embrace His ways for you.

I am reading a book called The Organized Homeschooler by Vicki Caruana and it has been piercing my heart not with "how to's" but with the words of God and His will for my life as a home manager. The Lord spoke to me this morning in my study of Numbers just furthering the piercings!! Thank you Lord..............and I am getting on it. :0)

JOYfully in Him,
Kelli

*taken from David Guzik's commentary

No comments: