Wednesday, February 22, 2006

The end of the Beginning

Three days in a row I have gotten up at 5:45 and read for an hour or more in the word of God. This morning I finished Genesis and it was so awesome to journey through it and for once get the whole picture of the beginning of His plan. I really enjoyed reading about Joseph's life. It is the first time that I have been so intrigued and drawn to the bible in a story way. All day long all I could think about was what was going to happen in chapter.......which of course I already knew bits and pieces of the stories but I had never put all of the pieces together all at once and been able to see the whole picture. It is a big difference.

I am so excited to start a new journey through Exodus tomorrow morning. I can't wait to see what God has to reveal to me through Exodus. One of the things that I am most looking forward to in each book and through each chapter is seeing God's soveriegnty and faithfulness more clearly and personally.

"Expresso" left this morning to suprise a close friend of ours. I am so excited for them to be able to dwell in eachothers presence for a while and talk together.

4 comments:

Mister Jason said...

And I was surprised indeed!! Some guy came into the computer lab at school and hit me with his bookbag. He said, "Oh. I'm sorry." Without hardly looking at him, I said, "That's okay, man." But then I looked at him, and sure enough, it was Rick! "What are you doing here, man?!" It was great! We had coffee for 3 hours and ice cream for the next hour. We're headed to church now.

JavaMama said...

AWESOME!!! I WISH I COULD HAVE SEEN IT. JESS SAID IT WAS PERFECT...SHE WORKED SO HARD ON KEEPING IT A SECRET! YOU GUYS HAVE AN AWESOME TIME!!

Fragile Things said...

hey
just wanted to say i love you and that rick forgot the shoes but i will keep them till you come in a couple of weeks. i love you so much and i am amazed by your family, though i know we are not perfect, i see yall as Christ and His kingdom, i miss you so much and you have to call me now, i loved the letter and what else....let's see, oh yeah arggggghhhh your booty shivers me timbers!

Fragile Things said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.