Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Lots o thoughts

This is by far the main and the most important thing I have learned thus far:

The bible is suffient in training my children. I am shamed to say that I use to think otherwise. I turned to other books whose authors I thought more fit to help me in my training even when I thought to train them to be Godly men I still had in my mind that other ones had a better application for me than the word ofGod. Thankfully, I did not remain in ignorance of this. All others have followed this one as its shadow.

It is actually amazing to me how every detail is completely and so suffiently covered by His word. It is like a blanket that is a covering for every area of our lives and not just the extreme hardships and life experiences but also the very simple and minute areas. Why I am amazed I don't know, it was just a haze over my mind.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Amen (my word of the day)

The word "amen" is a most remarkable word. It was transliterated directly from the Hebrew into the Greek of the New Testament, then into Latin and into English and many other languages, so that it is practically a universal word. It has been called the best known word in human speech. The word is directly related -- in fact, almost identical -- to the Hebrew word for "believe" (amam), or faithful. Thus, it came to mean "sure" or "truly", an expression of absolute trust and confidence.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, I am at the end of Star Wars III and I hate it. It was horribly good. My throat has been choked up for the last 15 minutes. I enjoyed watching all three of them but I do not think I will ever watch them again. I have read a few tragedies but none of them compare to this one.


Candy has written a book that I think is going to be worth reading it is calledThe Homemanagment Binder:The Housewife's bestfriend. Take a look at it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for linking me on your blog! I'm so glad PH board is back up now.

I bought and Candy's book and it's great. I highly reccomend it.

I'm really enjoying reading your blog.

-Allison
http://ohiomom.lifewithchrist.org/